- 76 hour fortnight with a paid day Off
- Salary packaging benefits that greatly increase take-home pay
- Sanctuary informed model of care
Fostering Case Worker
Churches of Christ in Queensland, Children, Youth and Families, Mackay
Permanent full time
About the role
In this rewarding role you will be responsible for carer recruitment and monitoring the quality of care being provided to children and young people living in family-based placements. You will be the go-to person for carer suitability assessments including initial and renewal carer assessments.
No two days will be the same in this diverse role however your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating carer recruitment, training and assessment;
- Carer planning activities and the provision of ongoing support, monitoring and supervision;
- Corresponding with carers via the phone/email, and conducting home visits;
- Providing behaviour management training and support;
- Provide direct in-home support services to families, including "on-call" services as required
You will be joining a team of heartfelt practitioners who aim to give children and young people a positive journey through care.
You are passionate about the welfare of children and achieving the absolute best outcomes for them.
Excellent interpersonal skills enable you to build strong rapport with a range of internal and external stakeholders. You have genuine empathy and are compassionate toward vulnerable individuals. You are highly approachable, a problem solver who can think quickly on your feet to make the right decisions.
You have comprehensive knowledge of legislative requirements and promote a culture of compliance.
To be suitable for this position, your qualifications for the role will consist of:
- Undergraduate degree in Social Work, Psychology, Social Sciences or a related discipline;
- Applied knowledge and understanding of child protection and out-of-home care frameworks including knowledge of The Child Protection Act 1999.
- Demonstrated experience in providing training and a range of supports including positive behaviour support, crisis management and self-care strategies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the historical and contemporary issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people;
- Proven ability to effectively and sensitively engage with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, coupled with a strong understanding of cultural and societal issues that impact upon them.
Importantly, you will be someone who closely aligns with our organisational values of: unconditional love; wise stewardship; mutual trust and continual innovation.
Who we are
We offer over 200 services in more than 100 communities, positively impacting around 45,000 lives each year. Our care services range from children, youth and family services, early intervention and protection, affordable housing, and seniors and support living, making us one of Australia's largest, most diverse not-for-profit organisations.
We provide a range of services to children, youth and families ranging from foster and kinship care to residential and supported independent living services. We provide support for more than 2,800 children, young people and families each year. Over 800 dedicated foster and kinship carers help us provide a vital safety net for these young people.
Imagine working for us
Our values encourage us to be accepting of differences and embrace all. Our size and variety offers you real choice and opportunities to grow your career.
Remuneration packages come complete with salary-packaging benefits that can increase your take-home pay along with a generous five weeks of annual leave and the ability to purchase more (for eligible employees). Most importantly, you will help us to positively impact the lives of thousands of vulnerable Australians. Just imagine that.
Please apply below with a cover letter and resume. For further information, please contact Leigh Batchelor on 49536100.
We actively encourage and invite applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.
Applications close: We will be assessing applications as they are received.
Case Worker (CYF_Communities).pdf