- Five weeks annual leave with the ability to purchase more
- 76 hour fortnight with a Paid Day Off
- Salary packaging benefits that greatly increase take home pay
Churches of Christ in Queensland, Children, Youth and Families, Townsville
Permanent, full-time opportunity
About the role
In this enriching role you will be working in our Assessment and Intervention Service. You will be responsible for the delivery of services to improve the functioning of vulnerable families and the safety of children and young people. Each day will be distinct in this varied role however, your key everyday jobs will include:
- Helping individuals and families to develop their knowledge and skills to navigate the many situations they face via therapeutic intervention and counselling;
- Supporting families to connect with a range of other helpful resources to assist them in solving problems and making positive choices and changes;
- Providing direct in-home support services and intervention services to families, including after hours and on-call services.
You exude warmth and positivity, and effortlessly build lasting relationships that foster growth and development. Well-developed communication skills are part of your expansive repertoire and you liaise comfortably with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
As a master multi-tasker, you are adept at juggling priorities without compromising on quality. You have comprehensive knowledge of legislative and service requirements and readily nurture a culture of compliance.
To be suitable for this position, your qualifications for the role will consist of:
- A recognised qualification (Bachelor's degree or higher) in Social/Behavioural Sciences or related discipline;
- Applied knowledge and understanding of child protection and out-of-home care frameworks including knowledge of The Child Protection Act 1999;
- Demonstrated experience in applying assessment, crisis intervention and short-term intervention skills and therapeutic approaches to working with children, young people, families and foster carers.
Importantly, you will be someone who closely aligns with our organisational values of: modelling unconditional love; behaving with integrity; and being good stewards.
Who we are
We offer over 200 services in more than 100 communities, positively impacting around 45,000 lives each year. Our care services range from children, youth and family services, early intervention and protection, affordable housing, and seniors and support living, making us one of Australia's largest, most diverse not-for-profit organisations.
We provide a range of services to children, youth and families ranging from foster and kinship care to residential and supported independent living services. We provide support for more than 2,800 children, young people and families each year. Over 800 dedicated foster and kinship carers help us provide a vital safety net for these young people.
Imagine working for us
Our values encourage us to be accepting of differences and embrace all. Our size and variety offers you real choice and opportunities to grow your career. You'll also find we offer a family friendly work culture.
Remuneration packages come complete with salary-packaging benefits that can increase your take-home pay along with a generous five weeks of annual leave and the ability to purchase more (for eligible employees). To ensure your career can grow, we are constantly exploring innovative training and development programs. Most importantly, you will help us to positively impact the lives of thousands of vulnerable Australians. Just imagine that.
To apply for this position please click the Apply button. For further information, please contact Gaye Hayes 07 4771 8888.
We actively encourage and invite applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.
Applications close: Applications will be assessed as they are receivedAssessment and Intervention Case Worker (CYF_Communities).pdf