- 76 hour fortnight with a paid day Off
- Salary packaging benefits that greatly increase take-home pay
- Identified position
Fostering Support Worker (Identified)
Churches of Christ in Queensland, Children, Youth and Families,
Fixed term contract 6 months
About the role
In this role you will be engaging with families referred to prevention and early intervention services.
Your daily duties will be diverse but in essence will include:
- Planning and actioning placements for children and young people and managing their ongoing care plan meetings
- Providing ongoing mentoring of placements with foster carers
- Provide support to foster carers including developing support plans, education and training needs
- Assist with the transition of children and young people entering or exiting from placements.
You are passionate about the welfare of children and achieving the absolute best outcomes for them.
Excellent interpersonal skills enable you to build strong rapport with a range of internal and external stakeholders. You have genuine empathy and are compassionate toward vulnerable individuals. You are highly approachable, a problem solver who can think quickly on your feet to make the right decisions.
You have comprehensive knowledge of legislative requirements and effortlessly promote a culture of compliance.
To be suitable for this position, your qualifications for the role will consist of:
- Certificate III in Protective Care, Youth or Community Services and/or related experience with a willingness to participate in further training;
- Applied knowledge and understanding of child protection and out-of-home care frameworks including knowledge of The Child Protection Act 1999.
- Demonstrated experience in providing training to adults and a range of supports including positive behaviour management and stress management strategies.
Importantly, you will be someone who closely aligns with our organisational values of: Unconditional Love, Continual Innovation, Mutual Trust and Wise Stewardship.
Who we are
We offer over 200 services in more than 100 communities, positively impacting around 45,000 lives each year. Our care services range from children, youth and family services, early intervention and protection, affordable housing, and seniors and support living, making us one of Australia's largest, most diverse not-for-profit organisations.
We provide a range of services to children, youth and families ranging from foster and kinship care to residential and supported independent living services. We provide support for more than 2,800 children, young people and families each year. Over 800 dedicated foster and kinship carers help us provide a vital safety net for these young people.
Imagine working for us
Our values encourage us to be accepting of differences and embrace all. Our size and variety offers you real choice and opportunities to grow your career.
Remuneration packages come complete with salary-packaging benefits that can increase your take-home pay along with a generous five weeks of annual leave and the ability to purchase more (for eligible employees). Most importantly, you will help us to positively impact the lives of thousands of vulnerable Australians. Just imagine that.
To apply for this position please click the Apply button. For further information, please contact Leigh Batchelor on 4953 6100.
We actively encourage and invite applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.
Applications close: Applications will be assessed as they are received
Fostering Support Worker - Identified (CYF_Communities).pdf