Minister with a community focus
Brisbane North Church of Christ is a small but active congregation, located on Gympie Road in Kedron, 7 km from Brisbane's CBD, which endeavours to be the living reality of Christ in the community through a variety of creative programs and services.
Our Purpose Statement is:
To gather in the presence of Christ,
To grow in the ways of Christ,
To go in the name of Christ,
To guide others into a relationship with Christ.
We are striving to reframe and replant our Vision of gathering, growing and going in the name of Christ to guide others into a flourishing relationship with Christ. To achieve this bold goal we are looking for a like-minded individual/s who will lead the church in connecting with the wider local community leading to a fresh and vital expression of being a follower of Jesus, as individuals and as a faith community. A commissioned demographic study indicated a dynamic community profile with an increasing percentage of millennials and young families moving into this locality.
The current congregation, while small in numbers, plans and leads each week's Sunday morning worship service. We would anticipate that the new minister would walk alongside us and support the existing service and other programs. However, the main focus of the role would be to plan and implement new programs to reach those in the community and grow the church.
We are open to discussion as to final 'shape' of ministry. This will include whether it be full/part time or composed of an individual and/or team.
Our Transition Team consisting of seven dedicated and mature Christians will initially support, advise and mentor the new minister (or team) to provide direction and guidance.
We anticipate that the major areas of responsibility include:
- Establishing and building a contemporary mission and ministry - possibly to younger families or millennials
- Ministry Team leadership and strategic planning, including leadership development
- Outreach into the community leading to the establishment of a vibrant expression of Christian lifestyle and worship
- Teaching, praying and joining our preaching roster
- Creating and maintaining a bridge between the different congregational expressions of church
We are looking for a minister and leader who will fulfil the following core criteria:
- Deep and ongoing personal relationship with Christ and reliance on His Spirit
- Identify with the vision, values and mission of this church
- Experience with current change strategies is of benefit; ability to communicate effectively with love and respect for the current congregation and its history
- Well organised with excellent communication, relational and strategic planning skills
- A proven track record of effective contemporary ministry and mission within a local community
- Awareness of their strengths and ability to utilise the strengths of others to complement their weaknesses
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in any area
- Appropriate theological training is vital as is familiarity with the ethos of Churches of Christ
- Working experience outside of the Church is considered to be valuable, though not essential
- Applicant/s must have the right to live and work in Australia
- Hold a current Australian driving license.
The successful applicant will be required to possess a Blue Card; have a National Police Record Check; sign the Churches of Christ Queensland Code of Conduct for Ministering Persons; and obtain a Churches of Christ Ministering Person Accreditation.
- This will be up to the equivalent of a full-time position with salary and conditions based on recommendation of Churches of Christ Queensland.
- The person has the opportunity to join the cohort of pioneers and renovators from across Churches of Christ Queensland as a wider network of support.
- Commencement date: to be negotiated.
Application Process:Expressions of Interest or any questions should be directed to Brisbane North Church of Christ at email@example.com or Elder, Rhona Mudford on 0438 516235.