- 76 hour fortnight with a Paid Day Off
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Salary packaging options that greatly increase your take home pay
Churches of Christ in Queensland, Children, Youth and Families, Moranbah
Fixed term, full-time position
About the role
In this rewarding role within our Families Together Intensive Family Support Service, you will work alongside families and co-ordinate service delivery to improve the safety and well-being of children and young people. Your daily duties will be varied and challenging, but in essence will include:
- Undertaking initial screening and intake processes, including conducting risk and needs assessment and providing advice and referrals;
- Collaborating with Local Level Alliance and other key stake holders and working therapeutically with families placed in the program;
- Providing direct in-home support services to families, including after-hours and on-call services on a rotational basis as required.
You will play a lead role in the development, co-ordination, ongoing review and evaluation of a single case plan. You will perform this effectively through collaboration with the family, key community members and other service providers, ensuring it is based on assessment information, is strengths based, client focused, holistic and trauma informed.
With a naturally empathetic disposition you are compassionate toward vulnerable individuals. You exude warmth and positivity, and effortlessly build lasting relationships that foster growth and development. Well-developed communication skills are part of your expansive repertoire and you liaise comfortably with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
As a master multi-tasker, you are adept at juggling priorities without compromising on quality. You have comprehensive knowledge of legislative and service requirements and readily foster a culture of compliance.
To be suitable for this position, your qualifications for the role will consist of:
- A recognised qualification in child and family welfare, social work, psychology, social sciences or a related discipline;
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of working with children and families exhibiting complex and multiple support needs;
- Proven ability to effectively and sensitively engage with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, coupled with a strong understanding of cultural and societal issues that impact upon them.
Importantly, you will be someone who closely aligns with our organisational values of: modelling unconditional love; behaving with integrity; and being good stewards.
Who we are
We offer over 200 services in more than 100 communities, positively impacting around 45,000 lives each year. Our care services range from children, youth and family services, early intervention and protection, affordable housing, and seniors and support living, making us one of Australia's largest, most diverse not-for-profit organisations.
We provide a range of services to children, youth and families ranging from foster and kinship care to residential and supported independent living services. We provide support for more than 2,800 children, young people and families each year. Over 800 dedicated foster and kinship carers help us provide a vital safety net for these young people.
Imagine working for us
Our values encourage us to be accepting of differences and embrace all. Our size and variety offers you real choice and opportunities to grow your career. You'll also find we offer a family friendly work culture.
Remuneration packages come complete with salary-packaging benefits that can increase your take-home pay along with a generous five weeks of annual leave and the ability to purchase more (for eligible employees). To ensure your career can grow, we are constantly exploring innovative training and development programs. Most importantly, you will help us to positively impact the lives of thousands of vulnerable Australians. Just imagine that.
To apply for this position please click the Apply button. For further information, please contact Carol Huskie 07 4953 6100.
We actively encourage and invite applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.
Applications close: Applications will be assessed as they are received Child and Family Support Worker (CYF_Communities).pdf