- Supportive team environment
- Five weeks’ annual leave
- Salary packaging benefits that greatly increase take-home pay
Churches of Christ in Queensland, Children, Youth and Families, Maryborough | Hervey Bay
Permanent, part-time (20 hours/week) opportunity
About the role
In this rewarding role you will be responsible for working with children and young people living in out of home care services. They will be vulnerable young people whose lives have been impacted by trauma. There will be tough moments and you will be challenged but, you will know in your heart that you are making a positive difference to a young person's life.
No two days will be the same in this diverse role, however your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the young people in our care, with their physical and emotional well-being- anything from helping them prepare their meals and clean up after themselves, to just being there for them when times get tough;
- Contributing to the development of programs; assisting in the implementation and evaluation of programs in consultation with the Team Leader;
- Negotiating with the Team Leader for appropriate funds for resident needs and activities.
This role requires availability from 7.30am-6.30pm Monday-Friday. It also involves work in Maryborough and Hervey Bay.
You are easily approachable and extremely compassionate. A caring soul who is a positive role model for young people, capable of effortlessly building relationships that facilitate growth and development.
To be suitable for this position, your qualifications for the role will consist of:
- A Certificate IV in a relevant child welfare or child wellbeing course;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge working in residential care; and/or working with young people in a child protection or community service context;
- Solid experience working with young people who have significant emotional and psychological support needs;
- A current driver's licence.
Importantly, you will be someone who closely aligns with our organisational values of: modelling unconditional love; behaving with integrity; and being good stewards.
Who we are
We offer over 200 services in more than 100 communities, positively impacting around 45,000 lives each year. Our care services range from children, youth and family services, early intervention and protection, affordable housing, and seniors and support living, making us one of Australia's largest, most diverse not-for-profit organisations.
We provide a range of services to children, youth and families ranging from foster and kinship care to residential and supported independent living services. We provide support for more than 2,800 children, young people and families each year. Over 800 dedicated foster and kinship carers help us provide a vital safety net for these young people.
Imagine working for us
Our values encourage us to be accepting of differences and embrace all. Our size and variety offers you real choice and opportunities to grow your career. You'll also find we offer a family friendly work culture.
Remuneration packages come complete with salary-packaging benefits that can increase your take-home pay along with a generous five weeks of annual leave and the ability to purchase more (for eligible employees). To ensure your career can grow, we are constantly exploring innovative training and development programs. Most importantly, you will help us to positively impact the lives of thousands of vulnerable Australians. Just imagine that.
To apply for this position please click the Apply button. For further information, please contact Amanda Killen 07 4120 0600.
We actively encourage and invite applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.
Applications close: Applications will be assessed as they are receivedSenior Youth Worker (CYF_Communities).pdf