- Career opportunity in Home Care
- Family friendly and flexible workplace
- Variety of shifts
Churches of Christ in Queensland, Community Care, Townsville
Imagine helping someone stay independent.
About the role
As a Community Care Worker no day will be like the other and you can look forward to a challenging and varied role. Working alongside clients with differing support needs you will provide them with the assistance they require to live independently in their own homes.
The types of support you will provide, include:
- Helping with domestic duties, shopping, meal preparation and other housework;
- Ensuring safe and hygienic living conditions in their own homes;
- Assisting with activities of daily living;
- Personal care, including showering, dressing, continence care;
- Adherence to the clients' care plan.
Within this position, you must be willing to work weekend, AM and PM shifts.
You like to make a difference in the lives of seniors as you are a caring, empathetic individual. Understanding the importance of providing quality support to our clients, you feel rewarded by creating a genuine impact. It is important that you are a confident relationship builder, as you will be a trusted person in our clients' homes.
To be suited to these positions, you will have:
- Experience in providing excellent customer service;
- A minimum Certificate III in Aged Care, Individual Support or equivalent;
- Completion of the following units of competency: HLTHPS006 - Assist clients with medication, HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems and CHCCCS011 - Meet personal support needs, or willingness to complete;
- A current driver's licence and willing to use own insured and reliable vehicle for work purposes;
- Physical capacity to carry out the duties required, including house & manual work.
New Certificate III graduates are encouraged to apply as you will be backed by a highly skilled and committed Community Care team.
Please note, all employees working within our residential and community aged care will need to be immunised for Influenza from 01/05/2020. If you have already received your flu vaccination, we ask that you provide proof as part of the recruitment process.
Importantly, you will be someone who closely aligns with our organisational values of: Unconditional Love, Continual Innovation, Mutual Trust and Wise Stewardship.
Who we are
We offer over 200 services in more than 100 communities, positively impacting around 45,000 lives each year. Our care services range from children, youth and family services, early intervention and protection, affordable housing, and seniors and support living, making us one of Australia's largest, most diverse not-for-profit organisations.
The Community Care team provide services to clients wishing to live independently. This care is provided in clients' homes and the communities in which they live. This comprehensive range of support enables clients to maintain their home comforts, health and vitality, and social connections.
Imagine working for us
Our values encourage us to be accepting of differences and embrace all. Our size and variety offers you real choice and opportunities to grow your career. You'll also find we offer a family friendly work culture.
Remuneration packages come complete with salary-packaging benefits that can increase your take-home pay along with a generous five weeks of annual leave and the ability to purchase more (for eligible employees). To ensure your career can grow, we are constantly exploring innovative training and development programs. Most importantly, you will help us to positively impact the lives of thousands of vulnerable Australians. Just imagine that.
To apply for this position please click the Apply button. For further information, please contact Catherine Russo on (07) 4775 2250.
We actively encourage and invite applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.
Applications close: We will assess applications as they are received.Community Care Worker (SSL_CC).pdf