- 76 hour fortnight with a paid day Off
- Five weeks annual leave - more time for you
- Salary packaging benefits that greatly increase take home pay. $15900 tax free
Churches of Christ in Queensland, Children, Youth and Families, Residential Services, North Coast
Permanent full time
Imagine helping to reassure a child that they are not alone.
About the role
In this enriching role you will be working in our Residential Care Facility. You will be responsible for working therapeutically with young people placed in the Service. Each day will be distinct in this varied role however, your key everyday jobs will include:
- Receiving and actioning referrals for young people placed within the relevant program;
- Assessing the young people's suitability for the program and ensuring an induction program is completed;
- Conducting professional assessments consistent with the requirements of legislation including strengths and needs assessments;
- Convening regular house meetings to involve the young people in decision-making; communicating with other staff and allocating tasks;
- Regularly reviewing program records created by Youth Workers.
You are passionate about the welfare of children and achieving the absolute best outcomes for them. You are a natural leader who works well with team members and can mentor others to overcome organisational hurdles and achieve shared goals. With excellent communication skills, you are capable of liaising comfortably with a range of internal and external stakeholders. You have a comprehensive knowledge of legislative and service requirements and effortlessly promote a culture of compliance.
To be suitable for this position, your qualifications for the role will consist of:
- A recognised qualification (Bachelor's degree or higher) in Social/Behavioural Sciences or related discipline;
- Solid experience in leading a multidisciplinary team in a child protection context;
- Applied knowledge and understanding of child protection and out-of-home care frameworks including knowledge of The Child Protection Act 1999;
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of care services to children and young people in statutory care;
- Practical knowledge of financial management systems and budgeting.
Importantly, you will be someone who closely aligns with our organisational values of: Unconditional Love; Mutual Trust ; Wise Stewardship and Continual Innovation.
Who we are
We offer over 200 services in more than 100 communities, positively impacting around 45,000 lives each year. Our care services range from children, youth and family services, early intervention and protection, affordable housing, and seniors and support living, making us one of Australia’s largest, most diverse not-for-profit organisations.
We provide a range of services to children, youth and families ranging from foster and kinship care to residential and supported independent living services. We provide support for more than 2,800 children, young people and families each year. Over 800 dedicated foster and kinship carers help us provide a vital safety net for these young people.
Imagine working for us
Our values encourage us to be accepting of differences and embrace all. Our size and variety offers you real choice and opportunities to grow your career.
Remuneration packages come complete with salary-packaging benefits that can increase your take-home pay along with a generous five weeks of annual leave and the ability to purchase more (for eligible employees). Most importantly, you will help us to positively impact the lives of thousands of vulnerable Australians. Just imagine that.
Please apply below with a cover letter and resume. For further information, please contact Dragica Cecez on 0414 293 674.
We actively encourage and invite applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.
Applications close: We will be assessing applications as they are received for a commencement date in December.
Residential Case Manager (CYF_Communities).pdf