Churches of Christ in Queensland, Children, Youth and Families, Townsville
Permanent, full-time opportunity
About the role
As the Team Leader for the Residential program you will be focused on collaborating with Child Safety Services to work therapeutically with young people placed within the program. Your other responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the care team responsible for supporting each young person;
- Actioning referrals for young people to be placed within the relevant program;
- Coordinating the process of matching the young person’s needs to the program;
- Formulating the appropriate transition plans and arranging induction for the new residents.
As a highly deadline focussed individual, you are capable of delivering results with ease. You are a charismatic leader who assimilates seamlessly with your team members and can mentor them to overcome organisational hurdles and achieve shared goals.
With excellent communication skills, you are capable of liaising comfortably with a range of internal and external stakeholders. With a comprehensive knowledge of legislative and service requirements you effortlessly promote a culture of compliance. You are also responsive and adapting to the needs of children and young people.
To be suitable for this position, your qualifications for the role will consist of:
- A recognised qualification (Bachelor’s degree or higher) in Social/Behavioural Sciences or related discipline;
- Solid experience in leading a multidisciplinary team in a child protection context;
- Applied knowledge and understanding of child protection and out-of-home care frameworks including knowledge of The Child Protection Act 1999;
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of care services to children and young people in statutory care;
- Practical knowledge of financial management systems and budgeting.
Importantly, you will be someone who closely aligns with our organisational values of: modelling unconditional love; behaving with integrity; and being good stewards.
Who we are
We offer over 200 services in more than 100 communities, positively impacting around 45,000 lives each year. Our care services range from children, youth and family services, early intervention and protection, affordable housing, and seniors and support living, making us one of Australia's largest, most diverse not-for-profit organisations.
We provide a range of services to children, youth and families ranging from foster and kinship care to residential and supported independent living services. We provide support for more than 2,800 children, young people and families each year. Over 800 dedicated foster and kinship carers help us provide a vital safety net for these young people.
Imagine working for us
Our values encourage us to be accepting of differences and embrace all. Our size and variety offers you real choice and opportunities to grow your career. You'll also find we offer a family friendly work culture.
Remuneration packages come complete with salary-packaging benefits that can increase your take-home pay along with a generous five weeks of annual leave and the ability to purchase more (for eligible employees). Most importantly, you will help us to positively impact the lives of thousands of vulnerable Australians. Just imagine that.
To apply for this position please click the Apply button. For further information, please contact Gaye Hayes 07 4771 8888.
We actively encourage and invite applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.
Applications close: Applications will be assessed as they are received